Sunday, October 31, 2010

Milking it.

Awhile back I had someone tell me that I hadn't been updating this blog very well. Sigh.....I know. So here is an update. The bad news. Last time I weighed (last Monday) it was a gross 188.2. Oh pickles! Forgot this is positive. :) Before August I had been exercising daily and sometimes twice daily. Yes I still ate crap food but my view is that at least I am doing something. And for those many people that constantly tell me you have to restrict calories AND exercise...I KNOW. I just hope that eventually my calories watching will come next but that at least I am exercising. And actually when I do really really exercise I do sometimes turn down that Ben and Jerry's knowing how many hours of exercise it is to burn that off. Then come early August I went hiking and fell. I got a nice gash on my forehead as I had my son on my back so I braced my fall with my head.Along with that came a nice big goose egg, bruising, and a horrible concussion. So for a few weeks I was down and I mean down. I sat in the recliner as much as I could. My kids watched non-stop TV just about. I was horribly sick. And I was so miserable that I started medicating with food. When the dizziness and headaches started subsiding then it was better but still not 100%. After about 6 weeks I had gone a few days with no migraines so I thought I would try exercising. It was very discouraging. I had done 20 minutes and had a horrible migraine that put me in bed. I tried it a few more times and still would have to stop after 10 minutes. It was so hard for me. And of course I kept medicating with food. :(. So I had slowly, and I mean slowly, trying to add more and more exercise in. 3 weeks ago I decided that I think I could do it and tried a full blown workout. Guess what? I made it. I had a headache for a couple hours but not a migraine and not for several hours. So that whole week I did P90X workouts. Then hubby one day said, "Let's wait till after I get back from this trip before we continue with workouts." I was feeling lazy and jumped on that band wagon. :) Then we started back up. Then I had major major major busy stress and had a neck injury to where it hurt to move. So I didn't exercise. Then of course after that? I got bronchitis. Oh yippee. I am not sure I will workout tomorrow as I still have been quite sick but I would like to. We will see.

So there you go. That is why I haven't blogged. Haven't lost weight, haven't really been able to exercise until recently, and have been in the dumps about this concussion. I am about 90% better now. I still have a TON of memory problems. It is very very frustrating. The thing I was finally able to do that I hadn't since getting it though? Read. Ahhhh, I missed reading and after the concussion it was hard to read. I would get headaches and struggle with the words. So the only reading I did was to my kids. So now if I could get my memory back we would be good. As for now, I try and write down EVERYTHING as I do forget. Have a super productive week people!

Oh. he he. As for the title of milking it? I was explaining to a friend once that I could not believe I had forgot something (sometimes my lack of memory still surprises me) and said that I still have problems since the concussion. She came back with, "Oh. So your still milking that concussion?" So guess what folks. Yes, I am still "milking" that concussion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment