Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 1 -ish

Over a year ago I had my 3rd precious child. With all my pregnancies I had trouble with my blood pressure being too high. This time it wasn't going down. So my doctor prescribed a high blood pressure pill and to lose 10 lbs. And you know, I don't do well when being told what to do. But I took it to the extreme and gained 10 lbs. And that 6 month prescription has lasted over a year. Gasp....I was looking at the medicine just now and thought, "Oh how nice and strange that the pharmacy gave me an extra month supply. They must know how much I need to be on this and that it will carry me over to when I have my appointment with the OBGYN." Yes I actually thought that. Thought that maybe fate had stepped in and gave me an extra supply. Then I noticed that the prescription says to take two a day........ummmm.......I have not been doing that. Oh bother. To be honest...I don't think I took it serious enough and kept thinking I was too young. And I was too embarrassed to admit to the doctor that I still had not lost that weight. Happy to admit I do have an appointment in March. And I know she won't be happy with me and has no bones about telling me so ,but I thought about not making an appointment at all. So I am glad that I did. So in light of all that......I have decided that I need to get serious. For more reasons then just the above, but I think it plays a big part.

So here is day 1 -ish. I say ish because I have been "trying" to lose weight and eat healthier for awhile. Obviously it has not worked all that well. :) But maybe if I blog about it, then I will be held more accountable. At least I hope. I had my daughter take my picture in my workout clothes. I will be posting weekly or bi-weekly photos in the same clothes so that we can hopefully see the results.

My starting weight........gasp! 191.8! But on a good note...I have been bigger. Is that a good note? Yeah I guess it is.My husband was totally against this as he thought I would get some negative feedback. I think losing weight and trying to be healthier are positive things. And so I hope to keep my posts as positive as possible. I can't control the rest of the world so I will just try to be open if I get any negative comments.

So......here it goes! Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to be the first to post a negative comment! Hmm. Negative. Negative. Um . . . nope. I can't think of anything negative about wanting to improve your life and wanting to get moral support.

    Oh, wait! I thought of one! If you're going to pose in the same clothes, please get a belt, 'cause we don't really want to see what happens when the pants fall down while she's taking your picture because they're too big. Then again, that might be kinda funny . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think it's awesome that you're posting pics of yourself along your weight loss journey because then we can all see the changes and get even more excited for you and inspired to keep working at it for ourselves. You're awesome! I'll be cheering you on just as you have for me!

    ReplyDelete