Monday, March 15, 2010

-1.8!

Finally something kind of good. he he. Does that count even though I had gained so much the last two weeks? I think so. Because I have started making some small changes. I have started exercising and loving it. Gasp! Did I say that? Honestly I really have enjoyed it. I sometimes even find myself wanting to do more. I got myself a Bountiful Basket on Saturday and have been eating more vegetables then I ever have. I even find myself craving some of them as snacks. Crazy. So maybe with these changes and more I can make this a more successful endeavor. Yeah me!

I have been trying to practice my Intuitive Eating and have been making headway with that. The hardest, funnest, scariest, and most exciting part is letting yourself eat what you want and know that it is not going to disappear and not be available because you are "dieting". For example, if I am at the grocery store and want some candy, I buy it. I eat it. I have found that I can stop eating (sometimes) because I know that if I want more it is there. Sometimes I do revert back to the "Oh no I really shouldn't be eating this and I am going to gain so much weight. Oh well, you have already ate 4 so now you might as well finish it off." syndrome. I hate that. And I am very good at when my husband tells me, "Oh why are you eating those? You have been working so hard." thinking, "I will show you. I will eat more now." So dumb. But during this process I have noticed some things. I really don't like M&M's. Whoa! I know! I actually have wondered if I just got a bad bag as my son won't eat them either but I have not been tempted to try more just to see. Another thing I loved and craved during Easter time was those huge creamy Cadbury eggs. Found out I really don't like them that well either. And there is more. Crazy! I love it though. Now if I could not like chocolate chip cookies I would feel better. :)

So I will continue to enjoy my basket of fruit and vegetables. I will continue to enjoy and actually look forward to exercising. And I will try to be more positive.

Humor of the week....my daughter wanted to exercise with me and we were using the Wii Sports Active program where we have two characters patterned, kind of, after ourselves. As we were getting ready to exercise my daughter asked which character was me. My husband in the background said, "The fat one." he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment