Monday, March 1, 2010

Stress......

I didn't weigh in today. I decided to try very very hard to stay away from the scale for a few weeks and try and eat better. Mainly those fruit and veggies. Also I had a HUGELY stressful week with my husband being life flighted to the hospital after a snow mobile accident. And I think I ate to pacify that stress.

I had my OBGYN appointment this past week. I played the sympathy card, my husband being in the hospital, so she didn't get mad about my weight. And actually my blood pressure was only in the hyper-tension range so she said I did not need to take the medicine anymore. Yeah! I do have to go back in a month to have my blood pressure checked again to see how it is doing. She also is doing a test on my thyroid to see if that is why I am so tired. I told her I was tired because I was overweight, had small kids, and stress. But she still wanted to check. She did notice that I commented about not exercising and not getting in those fruit/veg on her health questionnaire. Told her I hadn't been exercising the last week because my leg and back hurt so bad from that fall. She took x-rays to see if my leg was broken. That is a no. Yeah again! After the appointment I noticed how little I have been getting the fruit/veg in. I can go the whole day and have 1! I used to be very good at eating those. So this week, minus today, I will try and get at least 5 servings in. That is a start. One bad thing I noticed lately......when I go somewhere with the kids. I pack healthy snacks for them. I pack candy and soda for me. What is up with that?!? I also went to the chiropractor for my back/leg today. Turns out the fall threw my hip out badly. Boy that hurt getting that fixed! Here's to hoping I finally feel better with that.

So here goes to trying to eat my f/v servings this week! Anyone else having trouble with those or have any advice? Thank you so much for the cheer leading by the way. I think I need that and I think it will help me be successful at this.

4 comments:

  1. Brit's advice (which she herself doesn't follow): How to make yourself eat fruits and veggies, get rid of everything else in the house, especially junk food so the only thing available to eat fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are fruits & vegies? Seriously, I really struggle getting them in. Even more so in the winter when there are no good fresh fruits/vegies. The only way I get more than one serving a day is if I drink V8 Splash for breakfast instead of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. snowmobile accident?! I hope he is doing ok

    it's hard to find fresh fruit and veggies but all the stuff you canned during the fall is much better than the fat sugary snacks.
    to quote Dory, "just keep swimming"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be broken.... I LOVE fruits!!!! The only reason I don't eat a ton of them is because of how fast they go bad. I love veggies too, although I only like most of them from cans. hehe How come my mom hates f/v and I love them.... I told you I'm broken!

    ReplyDelete